Welcome to South Joplin Christian Church | Joplin MO
You Are Welcome Here
Our mission is welcoming and accepting all people along a journey of faith and service.
And, yes, you really are welcome! All means ALL.
Progressive | Affirming | Welcoming | Mission-minded | Justice-minded | South Joplin Christian Church | Joplin MO
We are a church that believes in welcoming all people into a journey of faith where we share questions, discoveries and conversation.
This means you are welcome regardless of… your gender, your age, your economic status, your political association, your sexual orientation, your skin color, your faith background, your health, your ability, your mood, your cultural heritage, your relationship status.
Whether you think you have all of the answers or none of the answers, whether you are certain that God calls us into a diverse and
inclusive faith community or are still wondering, if you are willing to come to the table and welcome others as they welcome you, if you are willing to continue to seek and grow in faith and understanding, if you are willing to celebrate the common bond we have in Christ regardless of our differences… then you are welcome.
9:30 AM | Intentional Faith Development (Sunday School)
- Adults meet downstairs in room A12 for a variety of studies and discussions led by our pastors and/or lay leaders
- Grades 5-12 meet in the Youth Room on the 3rd floor for engaging topical discussion and reflection
- Kids Age PreK – 4th Grade meet in the Where It’s At classroom on the 3rd floor for exploration, story time, and music
- Nursery for children three and under across from the sanctuary from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon
10:45 AM | Passionate Worship
- Blended worship style with thought-provoking preaching and weekly communion open to everyone
- Casual dress and open hearts recommended. Elevator access and handicap parking located on Pearl Street
- All children are welcome in our worship services, however children ages 3 1/2 years – 1st grade are invited to a form of children’s church known as Children Worship and Wonder, based around a unique story-telling format that invites children into God’s stories and give them tools to participate in God’s bigger story. The worship approach provides rituals and spiritual disciplines that are practiced each week
- Genuine Hospitality dinners at 5:30 PM (No dinners June/July/Aug)
- The meal is prepared and provided for a free-will offering. No reservations needed
- Those who desire to sing in the choir are invited to stay for rehearsal at 6:30 PM